It took nearly a week past stir up Sunday but I finally got the pudding made. It was a bit of a fiasco steaming it this year - both Janice and I let it boil dry! Actually there were three puddings - two little ones for Janice and a big one for us. Janice started making her puddings in the summer time, dehydrating her own (safe) fruit and substituting out the many parts of the original pudding that she can't have anymore.
Everyone duly stirred and we even put charms in the pudding for the first time, fulfilling a lifelong desire of mine that I'm sure originated with Enid Blyton.
Then I completely forgot to add the rum. Sigh. It was almost as bad as that time I made orange meringue pie while on the phone with Uncle Chris. Hopefully the pudding tastes better than the pie did.