April 2, 2011
Chair recovering

I don't think we ever posted pictures of our recent adventures recovering the dining room chairs.  On loan from my parents while they are in Africa, the original woolen fabric had worn right through in spots. I remember when they were the "new" chairs, so it was a bit traumatic to realize that was decades ago.  Sigh.

 

I managed to measure both foam and fabric incorrectly, but luckily the foam squished and I'm sure we'll find a use for the other half of the fabric...

 

Janice did most of the work, despite getting massively swollen hands from the wool (Janice and I are both allergic).  I got my own share of blisters, but was much less enthusiastic about the unstapling and recovering.  Left to my own devices I'm sure we'd still be working on the chairs, especially since the original fabric was stapled with a couple of hundred staples per cushion.  We decided this was excessive!

 


1
On April 5, 2011 at 02:54 pm
Grandma H. said:
Great job, all of you! Looks like they were thoroughly inspected, too.


Leave a comment
Name
E-mail
Website
Comment
Please enter the text you see in the picture
Please identify the text in this image
10 photos / videos
1 comments

You might also like

- Sandbox visitors (0.338442)
- Melting (0.337192)
- Gingerbread part two (0.335196)
- Happy Easter (0.333333)
- Star Trek (0.332362) All