May 3, 2010
I've been threatening to do something drastic about my hair for years.
In the last couple of weeks I decided that my hair was just too long. How long is too long?
- Long enough that it brushed the floor when bending (and I do a lot of bending these days!)
- Long enough to be a safety hazard around Elizabeth (she'd taken to rolling over and over in my hair and I was worried she'd strangle herself).
- Long enough that I could and did pull my own hair by accidentally sitting on it.
- Long enough that I had to keep it out of the way when taking Elizabeth to the washroom. Dipping hair in the toilet is really not my idea of fun.
So it was time for a haircut. Auntie Janice needed one too. So she and I both decided to cut our hair and donate it to Locks of Love, working our way towards Janice's goal to donate at least one wig's worth of ponytails over her lifetime. Now she's half way there, or two-thirds if you count my hair too!
On May 3, 2010 at 10:29 pm
Cute new 'dos!! And y'all have gorgeous hair!
On May 4, 2010 at 00:54 am
I am so impressed that you actually went through with it, Mary! I wish you were a little less fuzzy though because I'm sure it looks great - Janice's does - and so much healthier and bouncy!
On May 6, 2010 at 09:39 am
Aaaaaugh!!! The horror!!!
Actually, the new haircuts look great on both of you :)
On May 6, 2010 at 05:29 pm
Just in time for summer...and all for a good cause! :)
You might also like:
- Pooh Sticks
- Climbing dome
- 10 days
- How did THAT get there?
- In which we introduce Elizabeth to our main hobby